mj's easy praline yams
- 1 quart casserole or baking dish
- 1 non-stick cooking spray
- 1 40oz can of canned yams, drained reserve 2 tbsp of liquid and leave in the can
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut shredded and unsweetened
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- preheat oven to 350°
- spray 1 quart casserole or baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- add drained yams to the baking dish, spreading evenly
- rough cut any oversized pieces
- make the topping by mixing all other ingredients together in the can with the reserved liquid
- add mixture by heaping teaspoons over top of yams
- bake for 35-45 minutes or until top is bubbly
You may have figured out by now...I am a HUGE fan of potatoes!
This easy and yummy yam recipe is my all time fav Thanksgiving indulgence!
Everybody loves these...even those that swear they aren't yam fans!
As with so many of my recipes, I find "inspiration" in many places...including the back of cans.
Found the original recipe for these yams on the back of a can of Princella canned yams decades ago.
I work hard to create, recreate and tweak recipes to make them my own...making them healthier (even if only a little bit) and easier to prepare.